Friday, December 11, 2009

I wish I were the Moon - Review


I wish I were the Moon is not your typical game. It is technically a puzzle game, but doesn't fit the typical mold for the genre. You won't be busting any bubbles, shooting any marbles, or shuffling colored gemstones around the board. In I wish I were the Moon the object is to use a magical camera to complete a love story.



Your story begins with a girl pining for the boy who holds her heart. He happens to be sitting on top of the moon. The girl sits in a boat, staring up at her love. Also in the picture is a starry night, a shooting star, and a large bird. You interact with the game by taking a snapshot of one of the players and using it to modify the scene. I won't mention any specific strategies, but I will relay that there are a total of 9 endings possible. After each successful completion of the story you are told how many ending remain for you to discover.

Be prepared to work the hardest for the happier endings. The most obvious moves inevitably result in tragedy. Persistence will pay off however, leading to the happier endings. Bring the lovers together and make a happy ending by playing "I wish I were the Moon".

No comments: